Travel and Hotel Wellbeing from Guernsey
YOUR FLYDIRECT HOLIDAY: TRAVEL WELLBEING DURING TIMES OF CORONAVIRUS.
Leisure travel between Spain and Guernsey is currently possible.
We are a Channel Islands based team and our decisions to ensure your wellbeing while holidaying with us are led by the Government of Guernsey and their latest advice up to your departure date. Find out more about how you can Book with Confidence.
Although to many of you Spain may be very familiar, you will find there are now some new procedures in place to ensure your safety during times of coronavirus and some of these are detailed below.
REQUIREMENTS ON ENTRY TO SPAIN AND WHILST ON HOLIDAY
Travel requirements continue to change, and complete up to date details of what will be required for Summer 2022 will be updated here in good time prior to our flight programme beginning in June. In the meantime you can find below an overview of what is currently required. This information is correct as of 22nd April 2022.
Arrivals in Spain:
- All arrivals into Spain from the United Kingdom, including Jersey, aged 18 years or over must present a valid vaccination certificate showing that the most recent dose was received 14 days prior to arrival, but not more than 270 days ago.
- For example: For arrivals who have had only 2 vaccine doses, the second must have been administered within 270 days (9 months) of arrival into Spain. If the second dose was received over 270 days ago, proof of a more recent booster dose will also be required.
- Passengers in possession of valid vaccination certification can travel with this ONLY and are not required to complete any further forms
- Passengers between 12 and 17 years of age who are not fully vaccinated can enter Spain on presentation of a negative PCR test result, taken in the 72 hours preceding arrival.
- Travellers who have had Covid-19 within the 6 months prior to travel can present a recovery certificate for entry regardless of their vaccination status. This certificate needs to be issued no sooner than 11 days after the first positive PCR test, up to a maximum of 180 days (6 months) prior to travel
- Children up to and including 11 years of age are exempt from providing a vaccination certificate or test result, and from completing a pre-departure form.
- PLEASE NOTE: Current Spanish arrival rules currently DO NOT accept a negative PCR test result for passengers over 18 arriving from the United Kingdom including Jersey
- Within 48 hours prior to arrival, passengers travelling with a recovery certificate or negative PCR result must complete an online FCS Form to retrieve a QR code. This QR code must then be shown on your mobile or as a printed version on arrival in Spain to be able to continue your trip. We will also send the link to this form in your pre-departure information.
- We have produced step by step guides to completing the above form. We recommend that each person completes an individual form.
- You may also be asked to undergo a temperature and visual health check in your arrival airport.
THROUGH THE AIRPORT
Special measures to protect passengers from COVID-19 currently apply in most airports. Examples are listed below, but please note that these are subject to change
- Hand sanitiser is provided for use and social distancing of 1.5 metres must be maintained.
- Catering and shopping outlets may be limited.
ON-BOARD BA CITYFLYER
BA are looking forward to welcoming you on-board your flight to Spain. They are taking protective measures on the ground and in the air to ensure your safety while travelling with them.
- Face Masks: All passengers are obliged to wear a facemask during boarding and throughout the flight at all times. You must provide your own mask, if you do not do so, you will be refused boarding.
- Personal Protection Pack: You’ll be given a pack with hand gel and an antibacterial wipe on boarding.
During your stay:
Social distancing measures and other safety precautions should continue to be observed at all times. These may include but are not limited to:
- Social distancing of 1.5 metres.
- The use of face masks on public transport.
- Please note that smoking in the street in the Canary Islands is illegal and subject to on the spot fines
These restrictions are subject to amendment without warning.
WELLBEING MEASURES ACROSS ACCOMMODATION
The Spanish Government have issued clear procedures and regulations to ensure the safety of all visitors as follows:
- Hotel guests and staff must maintain a distance of 1.5 metres in public areas
- Payment by card rather than cash is encouraged.
- Entertainment programmes will continue where the activity does not require close contact. They will be held outdoors where possible.
- Shared facilities e.g gym, spa, swimming pool, playgrounds will have increased hygiene measures and social distancing in place for clients. In gyms and spas, some equipment or treatments may no longer be available.
- Lift capacity may be redefined to ensure social distancing can be maintained.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers will be readily available throughout hotels.
- Guest rooms will be thoroughly disinfected before arrival and increased measures are in place for room cleaning during your stay. Room cleaning will only take place when you are outside of your room and staff will wear protective equipment. Minibar services may not be available.
ON RETURN TO GUERNSEY
From 17th February 2022 there will be no testing, isolation or pre-arrival declaration forms required for arrival in Guernsey.
BREXIT READY FOR TRAVEL FROM 2021
When travelling to Spain, there will now be some changes following Brexit. You need to make sure you have everything you will need in place before you travel. Things you may need to do before you go include:
Check your passport, on the day of travel it must:
- Be valid for at least 3 months after the date you plan to leave.
- Get travel insurance that covers your healthcare.
- Check you have the right driving documents. You might need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in some countries. IDPs cost £13, for more information visit the Goverment website.
While the above are current FCDO guidelines, requirements can vary dependent on the country and your carrier airline, and can change without notice. FlyDirect therefore recommends having at least 6 months validity on your passport to travel within the EU.
Find out more about Brexit..